MEQ Geo Inc. (MicroEarthQuake) is a geophysical consulting and services firm specializing in seismic monitoring. Our expertise includes:
- Microseismic monitoring of hydraulic fractures using both borehole and surface seismic monitoring.
- Underground and solution mining microseismic monitoring for stability using both borehole, surface and in-mine instrumentation.
- Induced seismicity issues related to waste water injection and hydraulic fracturing.
The company was founded in 2008 to provide independent consulting on a wide variety of microseismic and induced seismicity issues. Some of the activities we focus on are:
- Project management for surface, shallow and borehole array microseismic projects.
- Microseismic quality control: data acquisition, processing and interpretation.
- Microseismic data interpretation and integration.
- Custom microseismic training.
- Borehole microseismic data processing.
- Microseismic feasibility studies.
- Induced seismicity.
- Regulation and monitoring requirements for various issues surrounding induced seismicity and stability monitoring.
- Expert Witness experience in topics including hydraulic fracturing, solution mining and induced seismicity.
- Vertical Seismic Profile (VSP) and Crosswell Seismic Profile (XSP) project management.